profile
simply me


Leave it all to me
Some call me Jessica, others jayne, anything would do, I guess.I'm a dreamer that lacks the courage to leap into infinity.Despite the solid truth about Life being unfair, I choose to stay and live happy,still hoping and waiting for that thing they call "bright tomorrow".

LIVE LOVE LAUGH
Lifeline
Drop me a message


archives
UNWRITTEN,UNPLANNED

August 2011
sidetrips


Acknowledgements
take a bow

Designer
Colours / Headers
Icon
thoughtsandnotions+emotions

I'd rather love just a little too much
Thursday, August 25, 2011
"It's wonderful to fall, lets love and risk it all."
- Natasha Bedingfield, A little too much

They say young love or puppy love falls under one’s most significant and cherished moment in high school, sometimes even in one’s entire life. From that tingling feeling felt to the squirms done, one would often take this as an intoxicating feeling. However young love isn’t just about feelings and emotions, it’s also about exploring uncharted territory. This is a phase in a teenager’s life in which the fundamental learnings about relationships are laid down. This is where young ones learn to experiment, to try new things; the stage of the “firsts”. From the first date, to the first time you held hands and of course, who would forget the first time you kissed. It is definitely something one can’t easily forget. Likewise along with the blissful feeling of young love is one’s first encounter with heartache. They say, among all the heartaches and sufferings in life, the first one is usually the hardest just as how Sheryl Crow once sang it; “The first cut is the deepest”. Never the less, it is also from this first heartache that one learns to stand up stronger, wiser and better than before. Rising up from it gives one a sense of fulfillment and triumph. Young Love is a very perplexing and puzzling phase, and is quite hard to define especially if teen angst and raging hormones get in the way. Young love isn’t just about that jittery feeling, it isn’t about the first date or meeting, or first kiss. It’s simply about one’s courage to take a risk despite all the uncertainties and ambiguities surrounding the future. Its about trying new things and taking a jump, getting ready for the fall and standing up again, stronger, wiser and better than before.

Speaking of love, one could only wonder the difference between young love and adolescence love is. Which is more complicated, just as they say it, and which is harder to handle? A lot of people say that there are a lot of complications when it comes to adolescence love since during these times there are a lot of distractions for the couple, such as responsibilities in school, to their family and friends. While on the other hand, from another perspective, young love may seem to be more difficult to handle, especially when both of the people involved in the relationship are both new to the idea of it. This would entail a lot of experimentation when it comes to the relationship. On the other hand, when it come to adolescence love, knowing the essentials about being in a relationship wont be a problem, since there’s a probability that both parties involved has had experience when it come to being in a relationship. In young love however since it is still young and innocent, the love that they feel for each other is pure, therefore its easier to handle the relationship. Looking at the odds, I guess one would say that both of them have their own share of misfits, that make handling them very complicated. One can truly find out the answer, when the answer looks you directly in the eye. For short, we never can tell, not unless we have experienced it for real.

Looking at how love is, truth be told, the whole idea of love scares me. This is coming from a young individual who has no experience with relationships, just pure friendship. And from what I see, how movies, songs and even people perceive love, its a wonderful feeling, but to have that wonderful feeling, you would have to venture into uncharted territory first, and that is what ultimately scares me, uncertainty.

A friend once told me, what is life without risks, and I guess in life that is what we learn gradually. I don't when I'll truly open myself to the vulnerability of falling, all I know is right know I'm still learning, and if it come that time that it's there, outside my door, knocking, I know I won't be ready yet. but maybe, I'll be ready to take a risk and maybe, just a the song goes, " Love a just a little too much."



(back to the top.)