profile
simply me


Leave it all to me
Some call me Jessica, others jayne, anything would do, I guess.I'm a dreamer that lacks the courage to leap into infinity.Despite the solid truth about Life being unfair, I choose to stay and live happy,still hoping and waiting for that thing they call "bright tomorrow".

LIVE LOVE LAUGH
Lifeline
Drop me a message


archives
UNWRITTEN,UNPLANNED

August 2011
sidetrips


Acknowledgements
take a bow

Designer
Colours / Headers
Icon
thoughtsandnotions+emotions

From the way I see it
Thursday, August 25, 2011

Now a days, we rarely see anything new on Philippine TV, if it’s not a Korean drama remake it may be a Spanish telenovela adaptation. With these kinds of productions and dramas dominating prime time TV, one can only ask, what has happend to our directors and where did all the creativity go? If you look at it from a different perspective, these remakes and adaptations showcase our directors talented and artistic way of recreating these hit series and recreating them in their own way, however due to the drama’s past success, it limits the directors and production team into recreating these drama the way they may want to.

Looking in the artistic point of view, these remakes and adaptations further challenge our directors into recreating these series’ and making them into their own. It just so happens that due to the viewer expectations, the directors really can’t do much with changing plot lines and character addendum, Likewise these remakes not only show our creativity as citizens , but the over-all creativity of our nation and culture. It just so happens that there are some dramas , that when adapted, comes the limitation of incorporating the culture of the drama’s origins. This is very evident with Asian dramas that are remade. Lastly, these remakes are a manifestation of how aggressive our directors are for they have learned to step up to the challenge of recreating these dramas despite all the limitations and the pressure that rests on their shoulders. All in all, these drama remakes may not show originality, after all they are remakes, however it is how they are recreated and adapted into the director’s perspective that truly shows how artistic they are.I guess that's why I would have to take my stand, when I speak for them and for myself, that remakes are not made just because our artists have run out of their own original ideas, they recreated and re shown to the world to remind us of how wonderful they were and to further inspire us,the generation of today, to create such worthy works as they are.



(back to the top.)